May 13, 2021
2:00 PM Eastern Time
ECE Consultant and Adjunct Faculty
Bank Street College of Education
Sponsored by Bank Street College of Education.
Early childhood education is currently prominent in the news and the forefront of recovery from Covid-19. Suddenly there are new opportunities for early childhood educators to advance in the field with many new funding sources both local and federal. Now is the time to leverage these new opportunities to ensure high quality and excellence in early education programs through progressive leadership.
This webinar is for you if you:
- are a teacher who wonders what training you need to be a program director.
- are an educator planning to transition to leadership in early education.
- are a principal, assistant principal or other administrator in a school that includes early childhood classrooms but need more specific information about early childhood.
Becoming a program leader is many-faceted and requires business acumen, adult learner development as well as pedagogical understanding. In this illuminating webinar, Alison Pepper, MSEd will share insights about leadership development through a progressive lens. Together with Alison, you will consider the elements that will support your inquiry and knowledge base to become a progressive early childhood leader.
In this inspiring session you will:
Learn about the foundational elements of early childhood program leadership, including Vision and Mission and Program Philosophy
- Understand the importance of reflective practice in team building through professional development, coaching, and mentoring
- Explore ways to ensure equity and social justice issues are foundational in your program leadership and family engagement within a context of ethical conduct
- Develop an understanding of the business side of running an early childhood program with clear policies and procedures
- Consider the importance of Community Engagement and Advocacy in your local securing your programs’ stability
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
To ensure you receive confirmation and reminder emails, add [email protected] to your contacts list. If you do not receive your email confirmation, check your Spam or Junk mail folders in your email system.
Can’t participate in our webinars at the appointed time? Never fear! All of the webinars are recorded. To view the recording, simply register now and you will receive an email with a link to the recording when it is ready to be viewed. You can still download the certificate by watching the recording to the end when the certificate link is announced and displayed on the screen.
Regardless of when you register, only 3,000 people at one time can attend our webinars. Only the first 3,000 people to click the link to attend the webinar will be able to join. We start the webinars 30 minutes in advance of the start time. Arrive early to make sure you get in.
Please be advised that you will only be eligible for the great door prizes if you participate in the live session.
You can earn .2 CEUs for each webinar. The cost is $15 paid to University of Oklahoma online when you apply. Learn more here: Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from University of Oklahoma