September 26, 2018
2:00 PM Eastern Time
Early Childhood Education Consultant
DGK & Co.
Child Development Demonstration Lecturer/Infant-Toddler Program Coordinator
UC Davis Center for Child and Family Studies Laboratory School
Sponsored by Redleaf Press
Thanks to the widespread use of social media-Facebook, lnstagram, YouTube, and Pinterest, to name a few-you can find lots of images and videos of inspiring early childhood settings. You’ve probably seen a photo of something that made you think, “What a great environment.” For example, for one of the presenters of this webinar, it was a photo of a baby lying inside a hula hoop reaching for the many colorful ribbons and fabric swatches tied to the hoop. One could imagine this simple part of the environment being used today for this baby and at a later date for another child as he or she becomes ready for tummy time.
In this webinar we’ll discuss both the basics of high quality early childhood environments-what is essential in any setting for a given age group–and the hula hoops the things that make the setting just right for the children, and teachers, who live and learn in it. The following topics will be addressed and illustrated through real-life examples and images:
- What excellent, safe, and healthy indoor and outdoor environments have in common.
- How environments can to support children and teachers, and engage families.
- What makes a setting ideal for different age groups from infants through preschoolers.
- How to individualize a setting to make it ideal for each child.
- Balancing familiar experiences and materials with new challenges.
- Including relevant cultures and home languages.
- Helping children learn positive behaviors through the environment.
- Ongoing assessment to ensure the environment still engages children and supports learning.
Participants will learn to:
- Create and maintain developmentally appropriate early childhood settings for specific age groups.
- Assess and change the setting when needed so it addresses children’s current skills and interests.
- Consider examples of effective environments and adapt them for their own settings.
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
To ensure you receive confirmation and reminder emails, add email@example.com to your contacts list. If you do not receive your email confirmation, check your Spam or Junk mail folders in your email system.
Can’t participate in our webinars at the appointed time? Never fear! All of the webinars are recorded. To view the recording, simply register now and you will receive an email with a link to the recording when it is ready to be viewed. You can still download the certificate by watching the recording to the end when the certificate link is announced and displayed on the screen.
Only 1,000 people at one time can attend our webinars, but registration often tops 4,000. Only the first 1,000 people to click the link to attend the webinar will be able to get in. We start the webinars 30 minutes in advance of the start time. Arrive early to make sure you get in.
Please be advised that you will only be eligible for the great door prizes if you participate in the live session.
You can earn .2 CEUs for each webinar. The cost is $15 paid to University of Oklahoma online when you apply. Learn more here: Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from University of Oklahoma