November 2, 2022
2:00 PM Eastern Time
Sponsored by Housman Institute.
As early childhood educators and caregivers, you are the first point of contact for parents for all things related to their children. From “good morning” to circle time, snack time to nap time, potty training to lunch, curriculum to playground time – you are the captain of their child’s ship during school hours, and the one helping to steer their child’s journey, not only their learning journey, but their social and emotional journey as well. This is a journey that comes with significant needs, requiring the necessary navigation of myriad expectations. Parents need you, but you also need them. Only together can you build the essential bridge that must exist between home and school to guide children on the best path forward.
In this important and timely webinar, Dr. Donna Housman will help us to:
- Learn how to form trusting and positive partnerships with families right from the start to build strong partnerships..
- Discover how children develop emotional awareness and understanding through responsive relationships
- Explore the importance of a common understanding and approach from children’s key socializers
- Explore the best strategies for key consistent communication, common language, and active listening
- Begin to make a common plan, involve parents in each day, and set boundaries
- Understand how to provide reassurance with empathy and meet parents where they’re at.
All sessions are 1.5 hours long and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
To ensure you receive confirmation and reminder emails, add [email protected] to your contacts list. If you do not receive your email confirmation, check your Spam or Junk mail folders in your email system.
Can’t participate in our webinars at the appointed time? Never fear! All of the webinars are recorded. To view the recording, simply register now and you will receive an email with a link to the recording when it is ready to be viewed. You can still download the certificate by watching the recording to the end when the certificate link is announced and displayed on the screen.
Only 3,000 people at one time can attend our webinars, but registration often tops 4,000. Only the first 3,000 people to click the link to attend the webinar will be able to get in. We start the webinars 30 minutes in advance of the start time. Arrive early to make sure you get in.
Please be advised that you will only be eligible for the great door prizes if you participate in the live session.
You can earn .2 CEUs for each webinar. The cost is $15 paid to University of Oklahoma online when you apply. Learn more here: Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from University of OklahomaDownload
Session Recording: View
Complete the Professional Development Reflections Form