February 20, 2013
2:00 pm Eastern Time
The Child Learning and Development Center, Pacific University
The Early Learning Community, Pacific University
This session is part of the TEC Track Series of webinars offered by the TEC Center at Erikson Institute.
Digital tools are playing an increasingly important role in classroom learning. In order to design quality learning experiences for their students, educators must be informed and insightful in the manner in which they integrate these technologies. Mark Bailey, PhD, Director of the Child Learning and Development Center, and Appel, MAT, Lead Teacher at The Early Learning Community, will present how teachers can use digital tools to support engaging and authentic learning experiences.
In this webinar, they will discuss:
• Selecting appropriate digital tools, examining both hardware and software
• Suggestions for authentic integration of technologies to support student learning
• The ways digital tools can support collaborative learning between students, teachers, and parents
• How technology can support learning goals and enhance teacher effectiveness
• Educator resources for technology integration in the classroom
This presentation will help teachers understand the ways technology can be used to support powerful pedagogical practices that enhance students’ learning experiences.
This session is sponsored by Erikson Institute’s new TEC (Technology in Early Childhood) Center – an innovative online community dedicated to the effective, appropriate, and intentional use of technology and interactive media as tools with young children.
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time
See the schedule of upcoming webinars
Session Slides: Download
Session Recording: View