March 18, 2020
2:00 PM Eastern Time
Founder & Owner
Samara Early Learning
Sponsored by Nature Explore.
“Get children outside more!” It seems a common phrase lately with a growing awareness for beneﬁts of experiences with nature. Yet, the reality is it’s easier said than done. Yes, there are many beneﬁts to children and teachers alike by integrating nature into the preschool curriculum. There are also opportunities for integrating nature in even more frequent and meaningful ways. For example, providing daily experiences in natural areas beyond the fenced play area. Yet there are also many administrative challenges when implementing a nature- based approach. Sometimes, for example, teachers don’t like the idea of being outside in the cold. Sometimes children don’t arrive with appropriate clothing. And sometimes parents don’t understand why the children are “just playing in the woods.”
This webinar will help early childhood administrators identify the principles fundamental to a nature-based approach and the beneﬁts of such an approach. Then, using a continuum of nature-based early childhood education as the overarching framework, Rachel will address the unique challenges of integrating nature into the preschool classroom. In this session we’ll discuss challenges and possible solutions related to:
- Adhering to licensing regulations while implementing a nature-based approach
- Adjusting program structure to integrate more outdoor time
- Preparing the physical environment (inside and outside)
- Supporting teachers to shift their practice to include more nature
- Supporting families when integrating more nature-based activities into the curriculum
Participants will be able to…
- identify the core principles of a nature-based early childhood approach
- describe at least two beneﬁts to children in implementing a nature-based approach
- describe meaningful ways to integrate those principles into practice: Participants will be able to describe tangible ideas for addressing at least three challenges administrators face in implementing nature-based education
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
To ensure you receive confirmation and reminder emails, add email@example.com to your contacts list. If you do not receive your email confirmation, check your Spam or Junk mail folders in your email system.
Can’t participate in our webinars at the appointed time? Never fear! All of the webinars are recorded. To view the recording, simply register now and you will receive an email with a link to the recording when it is ready to be viewed. You can still download the certificate by watching the recording to the end when the certificate link is announced and displayed on the screen.
Only 3,000 people at one time can attend our webinars, but registration often tops 4,000. Only the first 1,000 people to click the link to attend the webinar will be able to get in. We start the webinars 30 minutes in advance of the start time. Arrive early to make sure you get in.
Please be advised that you will only be eligible for the great door prizes if you participate in the live session.
You can earn .2 CEUs for each webinar. The cost is $15 paid to University of Oklahoma online when you apply. Learn more here: Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from University of Oklahoma