IMPORTANT: You are attempting to view a webinar recording that aired between April 1, 2022 and April 19, 2023. The process for obtaining certificates and CEUs for those who watch recorded webinars has changed. The information about applying for CEUs and the Reflections Form no longer apply. After watching this webinar, you will follow the link on the last slide to take a quiz and pay $3 to earn your Certificate + CEUs. Please click here to read about the changes on our website.
March 9, 2022
2:00 PM Eastern Time
Professor of Education, Emeritus
Wheaton College, MA
Sponsored by Redleaf Press.
From her recently published book, Creating a Reggio-Inspired STEM Environment for Young Children, award-winning educator Dr. Vicki Carper Bartolini offers practical suggestions and resources for teachers to re-envision their early learning environments with a focus on STEM. Using the Reggio Emilia lens that honors the right of children to a wondrous learning environment, the author guides participants in how they might consider children’s competencies as they collaboratively engage in STEM investigations.
This presentation will include:
- Lessons learned from Reggio Emilia- developing your own philosophy
- Focus on the concepts of time, space and aesthetics
- Materials and themes
- Role of the teacher
- Starting one step at a time, participants will re-imagine a playful, inquiry-based STEM learning environment that invites all children to experience wonderous explorations.
Join Vicki to
- Consider your own philosophy regarding the messages and values in designing your classroom STEM environment.
- Become familiar with concepts associated with the Reggio Emilia approach to early care and education and the environment, and how these relate to inquiry and STEM.
- Reconsider the role of the teacher in the Reggio inspired STEM environment.
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
To ensure you receive confirmation and reminder emails, add [email protected] to your contacts list. If you do not receive your email confirmation, check your Spam or Junk mail folders in your email system.
Can’t participate in our webinars at the appointed time? Never fear! All of the webinars are recorded. To view the recording, simply register now and you will receive an email with a link to the recording when it is ready to be viewed. You can still download the certificate by watching the recording to the end when the certificate link is announced and displayed on the screen.
Only 3,000 people at one time can attend our webinars, but registration often tops 4,000. Only the first 3,000 people to click the link to attend the webinar will be able to get in. We start the webinars 30 minutes in advance of the start time. Arrive early to make sure you get in.
Please be advised that you will only be eligible for the great door prizes if you participate in the live session.
You can earn .2 CEUs for each webinar. The cost is $15 paid to University of Oklahoma online when you apply. Learn more here: Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from University of Oklahoma
See the schedule of upcoming webinars.Session Slides: Download
Session Recording: View