December 7, 2011
2:00 pm Eastern Time
Language Castle, LLC
Chief Engagement Officer
Engagement Strategies, LLC
If you have ever observed children as they approach the sandbox, you know some jump in and start connecting with others and playing right away. Some children hang back, not sure of how to make those connections. Social media can be like that sandbox for early childhood educators. There are many who just jump in and post and tweet away, while others wonder if it’s really for them.
Join Fran Simon and Karen Nemeth, two early childhood educators who are also passionate about using social media in their work, for a webinar that will introduce you to surprising strategies and help you realize there’s something for everyone in the social media sandbox. The session will also cover:
– How social media will help you achieve your professional development, communication, outreach, and networking goals.
– Basic lingo and netiquette to help you understand the lay of the sand.
– An overview of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
– How to read, comment on, and write blogs.
– Tips and tricks to keep the social media sandbox fun, interesting, and meaningful.
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
See the schedule of upcoming webinars.
Session Recording: View
Social media resources for getting started