November 16, 2011
2:00 pm Eastern Time
e-Learning Initiatives Manager
North Carolina Partnership for Children, Inc.
Being the head of an early childhood organization is rewarding and challenging. You’ve worked hard to earn your place as a leader. So, what are your next steps? This webinar will help you explore the benefits of ongoing professional development. You will see how achieving a director credential links to accreditation, quality rating systems, and other tangible benefits for your program, as well as helping you accomplish your professional goals and build your resume.
Research shows that programs that are led by administrators who engage in ongoing professional development offer higher quality care and retain staff longer. The research also demonstrates that these directors are more likely to report higher levels of job satisfaction and have more career opportunities. But, how can you fit it all into your bulging calendar? Using the example of Aim4Excellence™, an online director credential offered by the McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership, this webinar will help you think about your future and how you can achieve the next level of career development while maintaining your packed schedule.
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
See the schedule of upcoming webinars.
Session Recording: View
- McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership: http://cecl.nl.edu/
- Aim4Excellence National Director Credential: http://aim4excellence.nl.edu/
- Leadership Matters (a compilation of research demonstrating why program directors capable of strong leadership are essential): http://cecl.nl.edu/about/leadershipmatters.pdf
- List of state director credentials and corresponding contacts: http://cecl.nl.edu/public/directorcredentials.pdf
- NAEYC Program Accreditation candidacy requirements (and alternative pathways): http://www.naeyc.org/academy/pursuing/candreq
- New Horizons (order The Inside Out and other books in the Director’s Toolbox series): http://newhorizonsbooks.net/directors_toolbox.htm