August 3, 2011
2:00 pm Eastern Time
The Family Coach
Like societies, neighborhoods, and companies, all early childhood programs have their own cultures. But, we often don’t stop to think about the implications of our culture on children, families, and staff. In this webinar you will explore: What is your program’s culture? How is it defined? How is the culture communicated? Do you embrace and “live” your culture every day?
In business, research shows that corporations with well-defined cultures thrive. Yet, in education our program cultures often grow organically without much planning or preparation. Even in organizations in which the mission, vision and culture are defined, it might not be “lived” by administrators, teachers and parents.
As the new school year begins, join Dr. Lynne Kenney to take a look at how you set the stage with your program culture.
This session will cover:
• the human elements and creation of school culture
• tools for defining your mission
• practical strategies for creating a thriving, respectful culture
• how to educate and manage those who exhibit behaviors outside the defined culture
• practical strategies for defining and living in a school culture of dignity and respect
• how our culture, values, behavioral norms and expectations impact children and behavior
You will leave this session with actionable ideas and strategies you can use today.
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
See the schedule of upcoming webinars.
Session Recording: View
Dr. Kenney's site, The Parent Coach