March 20, 2013
2:00 pm Eastern Time
Early Childhood & Youth Development Instructor
Dakota County Technical College
Blogging has benefits… Blogging can assist with building community, networking professionally, communicating with parents, marketing, and much more! Blogs are important vehicles to connect all of the stakeholders in the early childhood community. Direct service programs, national, state, and local organizations, colleges and companies are finding that their blogs not only attract new visitors, they become the glue that binds the community.
This webinar will showcase a successful early childhood blog that began as a community college endeavor, and grew to become a national resource. Dawn Braa, the presenter, will walk you through the many benefits of blogging, as well as tips and techniques about how to build a blog.
This engaging session will answer some of the most common questions about blogging, including:
- Why do we need a blog?
- How will a blog help my program attract new families, members, students, or staff members and engage those who are connected in my community?
- Is blogging right for our program?
- Should our blog be private, password-protected, or public?
- How can we get started?
- How do we find or create compelling content?
- How do blogs impact search engine ranking?
Dawn will also cover:
- Comments, widgets & links
- Photo Albums & more
- Promoting your blog
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
See the schedule of upcoming webinars:
Session Recording: View