From time to time, we receive emails from confused webinar-goers who have trouble logging in to our webinars. First, please know we are sorry for any inconvenience you might have experienced. While webinars should be easy and trouble-free, there’s a lot of technology involved in the execution of webinars. Here’s some information that might help you.
- First, our webinars are offered on the GoToWebinar platform. The first, best thing you can do to ensure you can participate is check your device’s compatibility. You can check system requirements now to eliminate this possible reason for connection issues in the future.
- Every webinar we offer is limited to the first 2,000 people who join, but registration ranges from 2,400 to 7,500 people! If you try to join any webinar at the time it is supposed to start or within the first 15 minutes after the start time, the system gets flooded with hits because so many people are trying to join at once. If you try to join after late, you may be shut out because the webinar capacity is full. Joining early is the best way to beat the rush. We open the doors 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- When you register, you will receive a confirmation email. If you register more than a week ahead, you will receive up to three reminder emails. In every email there are many details that will help you navigate our webinars. (The emails include glorious details that are often overlooked!) For example:
- The link to log into the webinar.
- The link to check your device’s system requirements.
- The GoToWebinar technical support number. 888 259 8414.
- The webinar ID number. You can use the webinar ID to join the webinar on the GoToWebinar website. Just type https://gotowebinar.com into your browser and click on the “Join a webinar” button on the top right side of the screen. Then enter the webinar ID number.
- In addition to clicking on the link in the email to join the webinar, you can also use the GoToWebinar app for iPhone, iPads, or Android devices. Download the app on your device, open the link from the email in your device and it should open the GoToWebinar app.
We hope this little nugget of information will help you! Need more information? Check out our website!
Fran S. Simon, M.Ed.