October 24, 2019
2:00 PM Eastern Time
View full profile
Outdoor Classroom Coordinator
This webinar is sponsored by Nature Explore
In the US, nature-Based Play programs are trending, but they have been well established in many countries around the world for decades. The list of documented benefits for children, teachers, families, programs, and from having myriad engaging outdoor experiences is growing longer as this trend spreads into the educational mainstream.
If you want to explore where your program might fit in this movement and consider myriad ways to expand outdoor play, join us for this exciting webinar presented by authors, early childhood, and natural play experts Kay Albrecht, Ph.D., Halcyon Learned, Ph.D and Sharon Young. You will be sure to find just the right pathway to nature-based play.
This webinar will explore ways to jump right into nature-based play, wherever you might want to begin by enhancing early childhood teachers’ ability introduce children to nature-based play both indoors and out.
Participants in this session will:
- Investigate the many roles of the teacher in nature-based play that will help you find ways to get started right away.
- Discover ways to build community among teachers and to problem solve around challenges that might emerge when expanding nature-based play.
- Discover strategies to communicate with families about risks and worries.
- Explore examples of child-directed learning activities in nature that plant the seeds to nurture nature throughout childhood.
- Explore the many connections between early childhood development and nature-based play before considering what it has to offer to curriculum.
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
To ensure you receive confirmation and reminder emails, add email@example.com to your contacts list. If you do not receive your email confirmation, check your Spam or Junk mail folders in your email system.
Can’t participate in our webinars at the appointed time? Never fear! All of the webinars are recorded.
To view the recording, simply register now and you will receive an email with a link to the recording when it is ready to be viewed. You can still download the certificate by watching the recording to the end when the certificate link is announced and displayed on the screen.
Space is limited in every webinar. We start the webinars 30 minutes in advance of the start time. Arrive early to make sure you get in.
Please be advised that you will only be eligible for the great door prizes if you participate in the live session.
Certificates of Attendance from the live session and the recording are free, but you can also apply to earn .2 CEUs for each webinar for $15 paid to University of Oklahoma. Learn more here: Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from University of Oklahoma