June 27, 2018
2:00 PM Eastern Time
Attorney, Specializing in Child Care Issues
Ronald V. McGuckin and Associates
This webinar, presented by Attorney Ron McGuckin, will focus on the most current legal trends and administrative issues which impact the day to day operations of the child care program. Ron will discuss:
- social media usage and how it can affect the business’s image and legal standing
- what to include in personnel policies and the potential liability for the program and the employee
- discrimination claims and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and identify the documentation needed and recommended legal strategy to deal with these claims
- the new HHS directive related to expulsion of children and how the American With Disabilities Act (ADA) can impact this issue
In this webinar, you will learn:
- how social media postings can affect the child care program’s image and what to include in a personnel policy addressing this issue
- about federally protected classes, understand their relationship to discrimination lawsuits, and implement strategies to help avoid these types of lawsuits
- the intent behind the new HHS directive related to expulsion of children and will be able to write a policy regarding expulsion, while taking into account the American with Disabilities Act
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
To ensure you receive confirmation and reminder emails, add email@example.com to your contacts list. If you do not receive your email confirmation, check your Spam or Junk mail folders in your email system.
Can’t participate in our webinars at the appointed time? Never fear! All of the webinars are recorded. To view the recording, simply register now and you will receive an email with a link to the recording when it is ready to be viewed. You can still download the certificate by watching the recording to the end when the certificate link is announced and displayed on the screen.
Only 1,000 people at one time can attend our webinars, but registration often tops 4,000. Only the first 1,000 people to click the link to attend the webinar will be able to get in. We start the webinars 30 minutes in advance of the start time. Arrive early to make sure you get in.
Please be advised that you will only be eligible for the great door prizes if you participate in the live session.
You can earn .2 CEUs for each webinar. The cost is $15 paid to University of Oklahoma online when you apply. Learn more here: Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from University of Oklahoma
Session Slides: Download
Session Recording: View
Complete the Professional Development Reflections Form